Dr. Seplowitz provides psychiatric evaluation, medication management and psychotherapy. After the first visit, with your permission, a letter will be sent to your referring provider with a diagnosis and treatment plan.
Initial Consultation/Evaluation (75 minutes)
Weekly Individual Psychotherapy (50 minutes)
Medication Appointments (30 minutes)
Areas of Specialty
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Panic Disorder
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Bipolar Disorder
Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder
Reproductive Mental Health
- Pre-Conception Evaluation: Women with a history of psychiatric illness who are considering pregnancy and would like to discuss the risks and benefits of psychotropic medication during pregnancy.
- Infertility Issues: Infertility and treatment can be associated with mood and anxiety disorders.
- Pregnancy Evaluation: Psychiatric disorders are common throughout the life cycle and pregnancy is no exception. We will discuss the use of medication during pregnancy and lactation as well as formulate a support plan for the baby’s arrival.
- Prevention: Women with a history of postpartum depression or other postnatal psychiatric issues are at increased risk to have significant emotional symptoms after childbirth. Knowledge about medications and other interventions provides these women with the best opportunity to prevent or minimize these symptoms.
- Pregnancy Loss: The grief after miscarriage, stillbirth or the death of a child during the first year of life can be overwhelming and may develop into depression. We can decide together if mental health treatment would be beneficial.
- Pelvic Pain: Pelvic floor dysfunction, including vaginismus and dyspareunia, impact a woman’s quality of life. There is effective treatment available for these conditions.